Wednesday, September 10, 2008

CERN Update, or, "You're Reading This, So the World Hasn't Ended."

[giant blue magnet? check, via The Independent]
Atoms are being smashed as we speak, and since the last post was a little silly, here's an article to The Independent's coverage of the CERN power-up. Another one here. There's a video from Reuters below with more news and less nerd-rap than the previous one. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Barry Jive said...

It's pretty amazing. And nerd-rific. But the atoms wont smash together until October 21....and when the frogs start falling from the sky I'm heading for the sea. Kinda of like Noah's Ark....maybe I'll grow my beard really long like him too. I don't know. Oh well.

-Mr. Humper

mfrech said...

well, what i really like about all this is that, once the planet is devoured by a man-made black hole, it'll be a whole lot easier to visit you than it is now! being compressed into the same nothingness is really the next logical step in the friendship, i think. if not, let me know and i'll have those swiss madmen stop the whole thing...